GET MORE THAN ELECTRICITY FROM YOUR SOLAR SYSTEM
Founder Dennis Wilson Timeline
- 1990 Dennis establishes Enersave, inc . Company grows to 35 engineers and develops over 100 large scale lighting projects for commercial clients. Clients save cumulative $300,000,000.00 in utility bill costs by 2017
- 2003 Dennis starts selling and installing solar electric systems on Long Island – Rebates of 50% for early solar adopters including six solar systems with battery backup connected to the grid.
- 2005 Wilson establishes The Solar Center in NJ and becomes second largest residential solar company in NJ with 500 solar electric sales and 40 solar hot water systems.
- 2008 Dennis sells his ownership in The Solar Center to investors – Establishes Renewable Power Inc., signs first 500KW commercial project for $2.4 million
- 2009-2015 Company installs many commercial solar systems up to 500KW, including two 250KW with Lithium battery storage to supply Frequency and Voltage support to grid
- 2012-2016 Renewable Power leads the development of a 10MW, $20,000,000 solar farm near Flemington NJ with 50,000 solar modules . Wilson supports Phil Murphy’s campaign for Governor due to candidate’s strong platform for clean energy agenda for NJ
- 2016 Dennis establishes Sunowner, Inc. with two investors to bring battery storage to existing solar owners and create “Virtual Power Plants”
- 2017 Sunowner becomes certified by Sonnen-Batterie, the leading residential solar storage company with 30,000 systems for installation of their smart battery system
- 2018 Sunowner expands its focus to develop technology to harvest more electric and thermal energy from PV modules.